Thursday, March 24, 2016

Drawing 1.1 - 99 Skulls!

I learned a lot from this assignment. Immediately after reading the article Jason posted on Feminine vs Masculine Beauty, I've been noticing the skull shapes of people while at work. This entire assignment has taught me a lot about structure and form as well, just by dissecting the differences in the male, female, and child skull shapes. So cool.

I did my 45 observational studies from photos found online, using ballpoint pen. I like to use pen for studies because it's so unforgiving. You have to know what marks you want to make, and the medium is so responsive to pressure. I find it builds confidence and it's good practice to apply to digital work. 
For my 54 skulls from memory, I worked entirely digital. These workshops have made me much more comfortable painting digitally, but this assignment in particular really forced me to get more comfortable drawing digitally, which is just plain awesome. 

Anywho, here are my 99 skulls. Thanks for checking out my work!



No comments:

Post a Comment